Monday, March 3, 2014

I'm starting to let the winter of 2013-2014 to wear me down. Here is is March 3rd and I'm trying to figure out new ways to stay warm. Our grandsons came on Friday night for what we thought was an overnight visit. The bad weather hit again before we could get them back home, so we have extended house guests. Of course, you don't mind when it's your grandkids. I can now say I know what thunder sleet is, we had that new experience yesterday. It hit during church and we had to wrap up church early before the sermon. We barely made it back home, driving through another episode of the stuff before we got to our house. Luckily I had a little warning Friday afternoon that they were coming for a visit, or my cooking might have had to get more creative than usual. At least we have electricity and wood for the wood stove. But, I'm ready for spring. This is ridiculous. I'm ready for life to move on. We've decided to work on our house to get it ready to sell and this prolonged winter is cramping my style.

My church has another pancake supper tomorrow night. That is, if we can get to the church. I kind of need to know, I'm in charge of the pancake batter. I guess the day is getting ready to unfold and the news & weather will tell us how bad it really is. What I really hate about the current thought in the news/weather world is how they high jack the programming and just take over. I mean it's really not necessary to have an entire morning of "Aint it awful out there be careful, to know that "it's really awful out there". I get it, and I bet everyone else does too.

I realized when I reviewed the pancake recipe from last year's post, that I don't know what I did with the 97 cent Easter baskets with lids that I used to make up all the extra batches of batter. Oh well, guess I can go buy me another batch of cheap Easter baskets. I think this year I will box them up later so I don't have to do that again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment