Wednesday, May 7, 2014

It's Summertime Already

I saw one of those funny e-cards the other day on FB. It said something along the lines of, "I forgot to be appreciative for the 3 hours of spring before summer arrived." After the long drawn out winter, I had promised friends and family I wasn't going to complain about summer this year. In fact, I believe I actually said, "If I complain about the summer heat, just slap me." Of course, I only said that because I was bound and determined I wasn't going to complain about the Okla. heat. However, I can't help but remark, "One hundred degree heat on May 5th? Really? That's how it is nowadays?" The same day we were recovering from the 100 plus days here, a woman on FB that lives in Maine was worrying about a possible snowstorm or hurricane. But, for clarification, I'm not complaining, I'm just reporting.

Here's hoping we get spring back. We just had a hailstorm hit our neighborhood. It was smallish - marble size maybe, nothing golf or baseball sized. A few weeks ago, I had a little intersection with a deer that did some damage to my car. Just to be on the safe side, I had decided to not have the damage repaired until after the traditional hail season was over.

P.S. Here's a little early evening storm report from last night. This is what the clouds looked like when the high winds started. It turns out some of our neighbors weren't so lucky last night. There was a path of torn up farm equipment and one person had damage at his house. This was after the tornado warning was lifted. We still had lots of clouds left over.


Elaine, aka, the Red Dirt Cowgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment